Rice Flour Pancakes Gluten Free

Gluten free pancakes. Don’t shame me for my frying pan, please. I use it for a pancakes and crepes only and don’t rub up the pan (which my mother-in-law had brought from Moldova, so that’s a family heirloom) until it shines, because the pancakes may stick on fat-free cast-iron skillet.

Rice Flour Pancakes Gluten Free

1/2 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp gluten free baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup of rice milk or cow milk
2 tsp oil

Rice Flour Pancakes Gluten Free

Mix rice flours, sugar, baking powder and salt in bowl. Beat in milk until mixture has a smooth consistency. Add the beaten egg and oil and mix until just blended. Let stay 20 minutes.

Heat a large, well-oiled skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Spoon batter onto skillet and cook until bubbles begin to form. Flip, and continue cooking until golden brown on bottom. Serve immediately with condiments of your choice.

Rice Flour Pancakes Gluten Free
Rice Flour Pancakes Gluten Free

16 Responses to “Rice Flour Pancakes Gluten Free”

1. Daniel Evans says:

me and my sister are both allergic to Gluten and we were always on a gluten-free diet ever since we were teenagers. :

2. Vicki says:

I have a few other restrictions and so made additional modifications – they were FANTASTIC!

They were just for me, so my portions are smaller as well:
    1/2 c rice flour (only had white, so white it is)
    can’t have sugar, so left it out
    don’t have gluten free bp, so used 1/8 tsp pure baking soda
    couple grinds of sea salt
    can’t have egg, so used 3T applesauce
    can’t have milk, so used ~1/2 c coconut milk (canned has guar gum – can’t have it, but Walmart sells a pure creamed coconut that comes sealed in a box. The coconut fat separates & you can use it all together or take this off for some other purpose. I didn’t use it here (already used it for a stirfry). Add hot water & (it helps to microwave it a bit to soften it up) puree with immersion blender).
    I added a bit of flax too, which could also be increased to use as egg substitute if not ok with applesauce.
    2tsp virgin olive oil.

I left the mix to stand for maybe 5 min. Maybe.

brushed cast iron skillet with olive oil. ** If I tried to flip before they were ready, they would crumble a bit. Waiting… no problem! When they’re ready, they’ll flip :)

The coconut & applesauce added great flavour & they were very light. Splash of pure maple syrup on top – voila!!

I might actually be able to have pancakes again!!

Made 5 pancakes. (2 for tomorrow… I’m so full!!)

3. Olga says:

Thanks for recipe!
    Did you know that you can make gluten free baking powder yourself? :) 2 parts Cream of tartar, 1 part baking soda and 1 part cornstarch.

4. Benetta says:

this pancake almost fit our diet except the eggs

5. Melanie says:

Found and tried this recipe this morning. My kids loved it! My pancakes didn’t turn out as fluffy as yours, but I think my baking powder was past it’s expiration. I also added 2 tsp. of vanilla. Yummy!!
    Thanks for the recipe!!

6. Olga says:

Thank you!

7. Marielle says:

SO good with the vanilla added and just butter on the top! I used coconut milk and low-glycemic coconut sugar instead. Enjoy, cooks!

8. Ian says:

A great egg replacement is 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds and 3 tablespoons of warm water. Mix it up and wait till it gets thick.

9. matt says:

Really good. I Came up a bit short on brown rice flour so I substituted gf all purpose flour for the rest. I also added cinnamon and vanilla. We couldn’t wait the full 20 minute rest period but made it about 10; they were extremely light and fluffy. Thanks for the recipe!

10. Ludmil says:

Here’s our home made recipe for gluten-free pakcaces:

250 gr. rice flour
    500 ml milk
    3 eggs
    1 table spoon oil

11. Palll says:

mmmm… Very good)))

12. […] Rice Flour Pancakes Gluten Free | There is no place like kitchen […]

13. Deanna says:

I am very new to this G F
    thanks for a great recipe I also used rice milk and flax seed
    and put bannanas and bosenberry jelly

14. karinia says:

I made these with flax meal instead of eggs, plain unsweetened almond milk and added cinnamon! Everyone loved them.

15. Ann says:

I added some cinnamon, a mushed up banana, and vanilla. Soo good!

16. yvette says:

YUMMMMM, these are amazing!!! Have you tried making waffles with this recipe?